Dr. K. Erik Franzen
German, Czech and Slovak teaching materials and Academic Office of the German Section of the German-Czech and German-Slovak Historians' Commission
European migration studies
Expellee organisations in the Federal Republic of Germany
The history of the Sudeten Germans in the 20th century
The history of memory
- Born in 1964
- Studied history, political science and philosophy at the universities in Osnabrück, Münster and Cologne
- 2008: Doctorate at the university Osnabrück with the dissertation "Die Schirmherrschaft Bayerns über die Sudetendeutschen (1954-1974)" (The patronage of Bavaria for the Sudeten Germans (1954-1974))
- Since 1999: freelance journalist writing on cultural issues (Frankfurter Rundschau, taz, Berliner Zeitung, Monopol, etc.)
- 1999-2007: Research Assistant and Director of the biographical collection of the Collegium Carolinum
- 2003-2005: Project Assistant at the Collegium Carolinum as a part of the research project "Discourses of Victim Associations"
- 2007-2010: Scholarship holder of the German-Czech and German-Slovak Commission of Historians
- 2011-2015: project researcher at the Collegium Carolinum working on the case study: "Hoyerswerda as a melting pot? Local remembrance processes in a post-socialist industrial city since 1989"
- since 2016: member of academic staff at Collegium Carolinum
- from 2017 Academic Secretariat for the German Section of the German-Czech and German-Slovak Historical Commission
- Project "Oral History CC"
no news in this list.